Instead of just my blog receiving an award, I'm pleased to announce that I, too, have finally been bestowed...
Oh yes, it would seem the lovely Suzanne over at http://thetalesofmissusp.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/beautiful-blogger-award.html has nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award - although I'm guessing this is for an inner beauty, having just caught a glimpse of my somewhat dodgy exterior in the mirror!
As usual there are certain conditions attached to any acceptance, which are:
1. Write seven facts about yourself:
- My birthsign is 'Pisces' which apparently means I'm shy, romantic, trustworthy, aloof, dreamy, creative, understanding, unrealistic and impractical... These obviously explain why I'm a writer.
- I have a strong dislike for the colour yellow but don't ask me why, I've just never liked it.
- I didn't learn to swim until I was eleven years old and am still not a very strong swimmer to this day. In fact, I can only do breast stroke, at which I'm very neat but very slow.
- My oldest son once asked me why all my favourite songs of the day were by bands with handsome lead singers... I told him it was just a coincidence!
- After belting out a rendition of Atomic Kitten's 'Whole Again' as it played on the radio once, my youngest son (about five years old at the time) exclaimed how beautiful my singing was. Of course, me being tone deaf I did know better and I actually felt physically embarrassed when accepting his compliment... Although to be fair, he did eventually realise his mistake as well and now when I try to sing he pleads with me to stop on account of his ears bleeding.
- Me, Robert, Adam and Ben were once snapped poolside when holidaying in Corfu and (much to my horror) the resulting photograph appeared in a Manos travel agent brochure for about three years running!
- At secondary school I was in every sports team going. Hockey, netball, rounders... you name it, I was there. I know, I can't quite believe it myself, especially considering the nearest I get to exercise these days is walking the dog.
2. You link to the blog of the person who nominated you:
Just in case you didn't see it before, here it is again - http://thetalesofmissusp.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/beautiful-blogger-award.html
3. You link to seven bloggers whom you think deserve the award too:
http://itswhatigotnotwhoiam.blogspot.com/ The lovely Kate Rigby
http://ramblingindulgences.blogspot.com/ The fabulous Sarah Tranter
http://donna-lostandfound.blogspot.com/ The gorgeous Donna Trinder
http://clraven.wordpress.com/ The wonderful CL twins
http://mummymisfit.blogspot.com/ The sensational Amanda Egan
http://spookymrsgreen.wordpress.com/ The fantastic Catherine Green
http://gonnabepublishedoneday.blogspot.com The adorable Debbie White
http://paulamartinpotpourri.blogspot.com The perfect Paula Martin
4. Finally, you let your nominated bloggers know you have given them the award...
Which is what I'm off to do now x